In this scenario, you will apply measurements to a high-resolution 3D surface scan of mated components in a cell phone housing.
Need to simultaneously scan and measure the shiny aluminum and polished plastic material inside a cell phone housing in order to determine correct assembly tolerances are met.
Apply high-precision dimensional measurements to a single scan containing both shiny and diffuse surfaces in order to determine accurate fit and finish.
- Surface Plane for measuring plane position and orientation (X Angle, Y Angle, Z Offset, Normal, Distance), as well as the maximum and average deviations from the plane
- Surface Transform for determining the feature dimensions and the height of one surface relative to another mated surface
In this scenario, you will leverage an ultra high-resolution 3D scan to apply measurements to connectors on a SIM card slot.
Need to inspect multiple connectors for correct height, width, and coplanarity.
Apply easy-to-use Gocator® built-in Profile Dimension and Profile Intersect tools.
- Profile Dimension tool for measuring width and height of individual pins
- Profile Dimension and Intersect tools for measuring pin coplanarity
In this scenario, two scans from a profile sensor mounted above groups of cashews showcase the Surface Segmentation tool.
In real-world inline production processes, the engineer needs a way to automate the scanning and inspection of discrete parts that are touching or overlapping, in a single pass.
Apply the Surface Segmentation tool in Gocator®.
- Surface Segmentation tool for scanning discrete parts that are touching or overlapping
- Apply accurate measurements to each individual part without further tools or processing required
In this scenario, you will leverage high resolution 3D scan data to apply volumetric and other dimensional measurements to challenging interreflective surfaces, edges, holes, and angles on the cylinder head.
Need to automate the measurement of piston bowl volume, as well as their hole dimensions, angles, and edges to ensure 100% quality control.
Apply the built-in Surface and Profile measurement tools in Gocator®.
- Profile Dimension tool to measure hole cavity width
- Surface Hole tool to measure the radius of the center hole
- Surface Edge tool to acquire the bottom edge of the main cavity
- Feature Dimension tool to measure the distance between the bottom edge of the main cavity to the center of a hole
In this scenario, you will work with a high-resolution (6.7 microns in XY) 3D snapshot scan of an electrical connector and apply several high-precision dimensional measurements.
Need to inspect connector height, groove pattern, and angle with submillimeter accuracy to ensure 100% quality.
Apply Gocator® built-in Profile measurement tools.
- Profile Line tool to measure the surface angle of the connector
- Profile Dimension tool to measure connector height
- Profile Dimension tool to measure width of the entire connector, covering two pins
- Profile Groove tool to measure grooves between individual connector pins
In this scenario, you will use several pre-configured surface tools and a Gap Profile tool to a measure surface section of a 3D printed target.
Need to acquire both 2D and 3D measurements of manufactured parts in a single scan.
Apply the basic measurement tools and features in Gocator®.
- Surface Bounding Box tool
- Surface Position tool
- Surface Dimension tool
- Surface Plane tool
In this scenario, you will apply measurements to a scan from a profile sensor mounted above a spinning car tire to capture its tread pattern.
Need to inspect groove dimensions on tire tread. Low-contrast black rubber is impossible for 2D vision solutions to measure for shape information such as height.
Apply Gocator® built-in measurement tools to high-resolution 3D shape data, even on low contrast (black) targets.
- Profile Groove tool to measure tread for X and Y axis dimensional measurements
In this scenario, you will perform a series of dimensional measurements on 3D data generated from a PCB (printed circuit board).
Need to inspect complex features and part dimensions on a printed circuit board.
Apply Gocator® built-in measurement tools to a high-density 3D scan, such as for measuring surface edges, feature outputs, and angle anchoring.
- Surface Edge tool to get vertical and horizontal edges of a feature on the PCB
- Feature Intersect tool to measure the position of the corner of a feature on the PCB
- Surface Hole to measure the center position and diameter of hole on the PCB
- Feature Dimension tool to measure the distance from corner of a feature to center of a hole
Download now and choose from 40+ Emulator Scenarios.
Profile Mode Fan Blades
SIM with Measurements
Surface Mode Circuit Board
Profile Mode Ring Layout
Surface Mode Segmentation
Inside Cellphone Housing
Surface Mode Circular Edge
Surface Mode Cylinder Head
Surface Mode 2 Top 2 Bottom
Surface Mode Countersunk Hole