EXPLORE THE GOCATOR® ECOSYSTEM.
Gocator Ecosystem is the powerful onboard inspection platform that combines built-in scan, measurement and control capability with FactorySmart® features, functionality and sensor extensions to help your factory achieve 100% quality control and material optimization on the production floor.
- Easy web-based user ⬡ EXPERIENCE with point & click functionality
- Pre-calibrated, ready to measure out-of-the-box
- ⬡ SCAN, ⬡ MEASURE, and ⬡ CONTROL logic in a single device
- Seamless interfacing with factory networks and equipment (e.g., robots)
- ⬡ EXTEND Gocator's capabilities to optimize sensor performance
Gocator Ecosystem. The evolution of smart 3D for the factory.
Already own a Gocator?
Upgrade Your Sensor to the Latest Version of Gocator Firmware!
Click here to get the latest Firmware* version.
Browse below for videos of the latest smart 3D tools and features.
Or, you can explore HexSight 2D vision libraries, which are available for free for all Gocator users!
For an introduction to Gocator's capabilities, we invite you to watch our Gocator Training Videos.
CONTINUOUS FEATURE DEVELOPMENT
This feature allows you to inspect parts regardless of their orientation on the assembly line. Edge matching capability automatically performs part realignment before applying Gocator’s built-in measurement tools.
With Part Sectioning in Surface Mode you can extract a cross-section from a 3D model of a part and perform advanced measurements. Ideal for measuring cut lines, this feature allows you to add and position multiple sections on a part.
The Anchoring feature allows you to track the movement of parts within the field of view of the sensor and correct for variations in the height and position of parts. This feature allows you to solve applications with part and size variations.
Panel (Gap & Flush) Tool
The panel tool automatically carries out gap and flush measurements. Gap measurement provides the distance between the edges of two surfaces, and flush measurement provides the flushness between the edges of two surfaces.
A strip is a section of a profile with a distinct step height. The Strip tool measures the width of a strip, and lets you add multiple measurements of the same type to take data and set decisions for multiple strips.
Countersunk Hole tool
The Countersunk Hole Tool automatically locates a countersunk circular opening on the object surface and provides measurements to evaluate its characteristics—including position (X, Y, and Z), outside radius, bevel angle
Surface Plane Tool
This tool fits a region of points to a surface and calculates plane angles X and Y and offset Z from an alignment target. Results of the Plane Angle X and Y measurements can be used to customize the tilt angle in the Hole, Opening, and Stud tools.
Part Detection allows you to detect individual parts and build a 3D model ready for measurement. This feature auto detects and separates multiple parts appearing simultaneously, with the ability to use gap filling to connect related parts into a single part.
This feature enables you to leverage a number of different methods to create a surface (height map). Surface Generation provides greater control and flexibility for supporting common industry scanning methods like conveyor, web, robotic, and rotational setups (see video below).
When an application calls for more than a standalone or dual sensor system, multiple sensors can be networked using an LMI Master.
- The Master product line offers models that support 8 and 24 Gocator connections
- Masters provide power, laser safety and distributed synchronization (time, encoder, external trigger)
- Each Gocator transmits 3D profile data to the host computer through standard Ethernet switches
- Can be interconnected to form larger unlimited networks (eg., daisy chain one 24 port with another with another and so on)
- The daisy chain interconnect passes on synchronization for distribution to all sensors in the larger network