Effective Date: January 1, 2013
Information Collection and Use
Personal Information LMI Technologies Collects and Why
LMI Technologies collects very little personal information about our users. The "Personal Information" LMI Technologies may collect includes:
- Your name, username, email address, phone number, and company name.
LMI Technologies uses this information to:
- create your account, provide you with convenient and personalized access to your account, and deliver and support for your account;
- communicate with you about your account;
- communicate product announcements and software updates to you;
- respond to requests for assistance (including providing account verification support if you’re having difficultly accessing your account);
- send you marketing emails regarding LMI Technologies products or services (for further information regarding marketing email see the “Will LMI Technologies Email Me?” section below).
Non-Personal Information LMI Technologies Collects and Why
LMI Technologies’ web site automatically collects and receives certain non-personal information from your computer or mobile device, including your Internet protocol (IP) address, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies (see our Cookies section below for more information).
Gathering information of this kind helps us administer the system, provide user access, make improvements to the web site, analyze user trends, collect information about use by geographic region, and evaluate our web site’s content and organization. LMI Technologies does NOT collect any information about you on behalf of or for delivery to third-party advertisers. As well, LMI Technologies does NOTcollect any information that tracks your visits to any third-party websites.
Tell Me More About The Tracking Information LMI Technologies Collects?
Some cookies are necessary to enable you to move around our web site and use its features. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the web site. The information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the web site or your logged-in state, for example. These cookies also may help us provide services, such as watching a video. These cookies do not track your activity on any other web site. Please note that a cookie is only saved for 24 hours on a users system, or alternatively the cookie will disappear once the user logs off the site.
You may disable any of these functional cookies through your browser’s preferences or options. By choosing to disable cookies your ability to access certain features of the web site may be affected.
LMI Technologies uses a service from Google called Google Analytics to better understand the nature of the traffic on our web site, including how long your site visit was, the pages you visited, and whether or not you have visited our site previously. The Google Analytics cookies do not provide any personally identifiable information to LMI Technologies. We use the information from Google Analytics for user experience improvements and tailoring content to improve the overall usability of our web site. You can learn more about how Google Analytics handles your privacy at http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. To learn how Google Analytics allows you to opt out of being tracked across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Will LMI Technologies Email Me?
Periodically, LMI Technologies may wish to contact you with information about product announcements, software updates, and new service offerings. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within emails you receive from LMI Technologies. By creating an account on any and all LMI Technologies web sites you agree and consent to opt in to an initial email communication from which you can thereby opt out of further communications.
LMI Technologies is NOT in the business of selling, renting, or sharing user information. LMI Technologies does NOT publish your personal information or make it public. LMI Technologies only discloses information when:
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers who process data on our behalf subject to strict data protection requirements.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate our web site.
- We determine that the access, preservation or disclosure of information is required or permitted by law to protect the rights, property or personal safety of LMI Technologies and our users or is required to comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, subpoena, court orders, or other legal process.
- We need to do so in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of our business, as permitted by applicable law.
Storage and Transfer of your Information
Where Is My Data Stored?
Please be aware that Personal Information submitted to LMI Technologies will be transferred to a data center in Canada. By creating an account or posting an inquiry on any LMI Technologies web site you are confirming your consent to such information, including Personal Information.
How Can I Access or Correct Information LMI Technologies Holds About Me?
Users who wish to (i) access any Personal Information; (ii) request that we correct or delete the Personal Information that we hold about you; or (iii) request that we not use or stop using your Personal Information for marketing purposes may do so by contacting LMI Technologies at . We will comply with such requests to the extent permitted or required by law.
How Secure Is My Data?
LMI Technologies is committed to protecting the security of your information. We maintain appropriate safeguards and take reasonable precautions to protect it. Please note that Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, LMI Technologies cannot ensure the security of information you transmit to us and cannot take responsibility for any theft, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, loss, alternation, or destruction of data by a third party. Accordingly, by creating an account or submitting an inquiry on LMI Technologies web sites you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data transmission, we make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems:
- Your LMI Technologies password is protected by encryption, and only you have access to it.
- Your personal information and data stored in our systems is protected by various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. It is housed in a secure facility, and LMI Technologies restricts physical and network access to this facility to select trained staff. We regularly evaluate our technologies, facilities, procedures and potential risks to maintain the security and privacy of our users’ data.
Should LMI Technologies learn of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you in order to provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on our web site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
What Happens If I Want to Stop Using LMI Technologies?
You can stop using your account on LMI Technologies at any time. Should you wish to have your account information deleted, contact.
When is my information removed?
LMI Technologies keeps your information only as long as we need it for the products and services you’re using and for a reasonable time thereafter or to meet any legal requirements. We have retention standards that meet these requirements. We destroy your information when it is no longer needed or we remove your personally identifiable information.
LMI Technologies Welcomes Your Feedback
LMI Technologies Inc.
1673 Cliveden Avenue
Delta, British Columbia V3M 6V5 Canada
Attention: Privacy Officer